TRUSTED SINCE 1959
Ken Dalzell started WK Dalzell Chartered Accountants in Thames in 1959. The first office was in Central Chambers, Pollen Street, Thames. His wife Gay was his typist/receptionist.
In 1964 after completing high school his son Geoff joined the firm, the same year the office moved to its present location; Thames Harness Racing Club Arcade, 617 Pollen Street.
Photo: Thames Star 12 September 1967. Thames Trotting Club Pollen St Thames, probably just prior to demolition.
HDAS office just after opening in 1969 at 617 Pollen St Thames.
Photo: Thames Star 17 January 1969. Caption: "The new arcade shopping block of the Thames Trotting Club adds an attractive amenity to the north end of Pollen St"
OUR HISTORY continued
Geoff completed his studies in 1976 and qualified as a chartered secretary. He purchased the practice from his father on 1 April 1977, under the new name Geoff Dalzell Chartered Secretary.
Geoff updated the practice name to Geoff Dalzell & Associates Ltd in March 2000.
Frieda Howlett started working for Geoff in 1998 and graduated with a bachelor of Business in Accountancy via correspondence in 2008..
After working for Geoff for 16 years, Frieda purchased the practice on 1 April 2014 when Geoff decided it was time to ‘semi’ retire.
The practice was renamed to Howlett Dalzell Accountancy Services Ltd, HDAS for short 😉.
Geoff and Frieda still work together within the Thames accountant practice, just now under different roles, Frieda as owner and Geoff as a sub-contractor/advisor.
CONSTRUCTION OF OUR CURRENT BUILDING- 1969
Images and news from the Thames Star - about the demolition of the old Thames Harness Racing Club and the building of the present day Trotting Club Arcade, which has been the home of HDAS since 1969.
OUR NAME AND LOGO - OVER THE YEARS
Our new name and logo
Howlett Dalzell Accountancy Services
Geoff Dalzell & Associates Ltd
2000 - 2014
Geoff Dalzell Chartered Secretary
1977 - 2000
WK Dalzell Chartered Accountants
1959 - 1977